Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wakulla Springs

Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park may not sound familiar to non-Floridians but if you have seen old movies such as the early Tarzan movies, Creature From the Black Lagoon, Airport 77, and Night Moves you have seen Wakulla Springs. Wakulla Springs is the largest and deepest freshwater spring in the world, swimming in it is amazing because the water stays right around 70 degrees all year long.
We were hoping to take a glass bottom boat tour today but heavy rains on Sunday and Monday kicked up lots of mud decreasing the visibility in the water.

The Wakulla Springs Lodge completed in 1937. It is an operating hotel and restaurant to this day.

I can't believe I forgot my favorite flower hair clip today
 Old Joe was an 11 foot gentle giant 

The lodge has amazing hand painted ceilings that were redone several years ago.

It also has a ice cream counter! I got a birthday cake cone. I've really been digging birthday cake flavored things as of late.

OOTD:

Dress- gift from my mommy
Bolero- Calvin Klein, thrifted $5
Necklace- Vintage, The Paisley Unicorn
Belt- thrifted
Purse- Vintage, from my hubby's Grandmother
Shoes- BAIT

Cyprus knees, part of the root system of Cyprus trees
The swimming area was empty till the sun came out

A glass bottom boat left at the dock due to muddy water



We saw lots of critters on the Jungle Cruise
 The alligators were out in full force today

Drying it's wings
Where's the creature? This passage is where Creature from the Black Lagoon was filmed
 We saw lots of vultures today, they are quite handsome up close.


I had a surprise waiting for me when we got home from the park, the amazing yellow shoes I was dreaming about back in the Sunny Yellow post. My aunt ordered them for me. I can't wait to wear them out next week when she comes to visit!

Love, RC