Sunday, March 23, 2014

Camping Day 2 - part 2

This guy was sitting on top of the cleaning station when we got to the pier
After we finished lunch the weather had warmed quite a bit so we changed into our bathing suits and hopped back on our bikes. We rode down to the pier and parked our bikes so we could hike out to Sandy Point, a slightly secluded beach on the other side of the jetty. The trail was flooded in a few spots but was easily passed.
Isn't the view lovely?

How perfect is this sign? The year is only a few off..

I hear by claim this for me, RC Rabbit!
 

 
I tried to spin some poi but it was too windy on the point

We had planned to swim but I saw lots of jellyfish washed up on the beach so I got too nervous to get in the water past my ankles. We had plenty of fun looking at all the pretty shells. I saw some chunks of what could be the largest sand dollars ever.

We played in the sand and watched the boats coming and going along the channel. We even got to see the coast guard pull someone over, it was amazing such a big boat got so close to the shore.

 

 

After we got back to camp we juggled by the playground till it got dark. I had better luck with my poi since the breeze had died down.