Sunday, March 23, 2014

Camping Day 2 -part 1

Ding dong the witch is dead
I have to break day two up into two parts because we did so much.  We woke at sunrise to a very windy and cold morning. We bundled up and sat down for breakfast, Dad made us all pancakes and eggs over-easy.

I love the bike racks all over the park, they were an Eagle Scout Project.
 After breakfast we warmed up by riding to the beach.
It was a beautiful day
The beach was covered with wild rosemary that was in full bloom



 

The jetty is my favorite spot in the park
The sun was so nice and warm
  
I love to climb the rocks

This sanderling hung out by us the whole time we spent on the jetty, I think he was hoping for bait handouts from the fishermen.
The beach is nice and empty at 8 am. Our only human companions were a family with a small child, a paddle surfer, and a handful of fishermen on the jetty.
We took the main road up to the little visitor center/museum. This cute hand painted and accented sign has a sweet retro vibe. I wish I could have gotten a better picture but the sun was so bright I kept getting reflections in the Plexiglas. While viewing the fish tanks we got a call from my parents saying they were about to cook lunch, we hoped back on our biked and peddled to the camp store to pick up a little junk food.
Veggie dogs need potato chips with them right?


Stay tuned for Day 2 -part 2