Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ormond Beach

Ormond and Daytona are very close to my heart (and not just because I love old cars and motorcycles). My dad and my hubby's mother's family are from them. For many years we would travel there every several months, almost like a second home. I love being by the water; the weather, the plants, the imagery, everything beach related. While we didn't do many fun things in Ormond Beach while we were there we did stop by Fortunato Park on our last day.
All that remains from the old Ormond Hotel


 

 I hadn't planned on wearing a cardie but my sunburn looked pretty wicked so I covered it up.
Whenever I get a sunburn people tend to comment about me not being from Florida, LOL, I was born and raised here but my mom's a red head and I got her skin.
Earrings- The Other Side :similar:
Sunnies- ModCloth
Purse- vintage
Cardigan: Target (thifted)
Tank: Express (thrifted in Ormond, $1.50)
Jeans: Thifted
Flats: Payless
You can see the gazebo of the Casements behind me

Under the bridge
I love how this park follows the river down and under the bridge.